The recently approved real estate bill aims to maintain a high standard of construction in the Indian real estate market. Complaints targeting developers who promise dream homes for consumers but deliver buildings that are below the stated standard seem to be flooding the various communication media on a regular basis. This does not bode well for an industry whose customers and stakeholders are starting to lose confidence in them.
The industry could solve problems that affect their customers by adopting new and improved technologies that have been tried and tested globally to ensure they meet deadlines, maintain a high standard of finishing and construction and save money in the process. One such technology that should be implemented is Aluminium Formwork Technology.
A tried, tested and approved technology
Aluminium Formwork Technology has been successfully used in projects in Japan, Malaysia, Singapore and the Middle East. Comparatively new to India, this technology is fast rising in popularity due to the ease and efficiency with which it saves the construction and real estate industry cost and time while improving the quality of the finished structure. As projects in India tend to be on a large scale with many different structures involved over a large area, aluminium formwork technology is extremely suitable for achieving quality and speed of the highest level. This system ensures faster delivery of construction projects as compared to other construction technologies.
Such a formwork is fast, simple, adaptable, extremely cost effective and unique thanks to the fact it forms all the concrete in a structure. This includes floor slabs, columns, beams, stairs, and various decorative elements featured according to the architect’s design. Efficiency is increased when the formwork is used for Reinforced Cement Concrete load bearing. The outcome is an extremely strong and durable building with excellent finishes.
What is so unique about Aluminium Formwork Technology?
There are clear cut benefits that developers stand to gain from using this technology. These are as follows –
- Cost: Using such a formwork in load bearing designs assures an average of 15 percent cost saving in the structure of the building. This formwork also leads to an increase in usable floor space of 8 per cent over a conventional RCC design.
- Time: Aluminium Formwork allows the project to be finished at 1/6 the time it takes using slab beam wall construction.
- Environmentally friendly: This formwork is extremely friendly to the environment and nature as there is zero usage of timber. The formwork gives a box like design which results in the walls providing support to the superstructure in various directions. This makes the structure more resistant to earthquakes as compared to RCC column designs.
- Lifting: The formwork being lightweight, usage of tower cranes is not required.
- Labours: No requirement for skilled labour due to its simple assembly.
- Repetitions: Aluminium Formwork System is removable and is reusable with minimal maintenance.
Where has Aluminium Formwork Technology been spotted globally?
This formwork has been a mainstay of most global construction projects. A commonly used technology in the Far East as well as Middle East, Aluminium Formwork Technology can be seen in the creation of the grandiose towering skyscraper of the KLCC Tower in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the HABICO tower in Vietnam, the Vinaconex in hanoi and the famous Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
It is only a matter of time before developers realise the true benefits of adopting this technology. The sooner the adoption takes place the sooner the real estate industry can begin rebuilding its reputation and instilling confidence in its customers.
For a clear demonstration of how Aluminium Formwork Technology is beneficial to building real estate structures, walk in to the Durga Petals Experience Centre on Doddenakundi, Outer Ring Road today.